Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I AM A UTAH MAN SIR AND I LIVE ACROSS THE GREEN. OUR GANG IT IS THE JOLLIEST THAT YOU HAVE EVER SEEN...


Today I had a dentist appointment downtown. And on my way home I drove past the University of Utah. And remembered just how pretty it is in the Fall. Especially around the "Horseshoe". If you have been on the campus, you know that the "Horseshoe" is a road shaped as such and many of the oldest and first built buildings are along this road. There are lots of beautiful trees and crunchy leaves everywhere this time of
year.
 

I have been going to this campus since I was born. My Grandpa Hansen was captain of the football team at the U back in his day. He took me to every football game and the University of Utah fight song must have been the first song I ever learned to sing. My mom would take us to plays and museums on campus. They have the greatest bowling alley there too and it's my kids favorite place to bowl.  I have a long line of family (granparents, parents, sisters, a brother, sister and brother-in-laws too, cousins, aunts, uncles etc.) with various degrees from the U. It is the school of my family of origin.



I started at the U in the Fall of 1985. I joined the Chi Omega sorority. I made some really great friends.



I swore if I didn't marry a Sigma Chi the end of the world would come!


I actually found this guy down at that "other" big university In Utah.
The love of my life, and I am happy to say, the world did not end when I married him.
Funny thing; the best color for him to wear is RED.

It was fun to remember some good memories today. And no matter what, my blood will always run RED!
GO UTES!!!!

1 comment:

nano*ink said...

He looks good in red and in blue...I like red a lot, but not saying anything about schools, ya know!