Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Break Day #2, More Snow

We woke up to about 4-5 more inches of snow this morning.

We did have a fun day though.  A few April Fool's jokes, a few snow ball fights, all in fun and not mean spirited.

We headed out to the movies. With a few friends in tow.  The boys went to one movie and the girls chose another.  I don't usually buy treats at the theater, but what the heck, we are on spring break.  We are also about the only ones left in this city. 

The snow was actually pretty and didn't get in the way of any plans.  The cold though...I just don't like it anymore.

Dave met up with us, after work, for a family dinner out.  We laughed a lot.  I like it when we all laugh together.  I like that my children and most of their friends like to hang out with Dave and I.  I don't like that they are getting older.  Partly cause that means I am getting older too.

After dinner, my friend, Marg, and I took the boys bowling.  We had a blast.  Noah puts the most amazing spin on his ball.  He just needs to hone his skills and he will soon be at the top of the leader board.

Because of my back issues, I can't bowl anymore.  I went along for the fun anyway.  I wish I could still bowl.

Not an exciting post, but the kids had a fun day and actually expressed their gratitude several times. 

We shall see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: